The title of this post pretty much sums up my entire week. The day after we returned from Cardiff, I woke up with the usual headache, sore throat, aches (but praise the Lord - He kept me well on my trip!). So I chose to spend Sunday doing nothing because I absolutely could not miss work on Monday. I knew we were going to be incredibly short staffed that day.
So on Monday, I pulled it together and spent the entire day in Nursery. Which was the easiest and the hardest day I've had at work in a long time. We read stories, baked cookies, played games, had lunch, had a nap, read stories, played games... but we did all of these things with 11 3 year old girls. The high point of my day was when 5 of them had to go to the toilet at once -one of these 5 girls told me AFTER she had already gone in her skirt. As I was crouched down on the floor helping her change, another little girl came up behind me and said 'ALL DONE' and proceeded to wipe her hands down my back... before washing her hands. I really think that was my initiation into Nursery. I've been told it's different and amazing when your own children do it to you....
Tuesday: Called in sick. Watched 3 Hugh Grant films. Excellent.
Wednesday: Went to work and was sent home 20 minutes later. Watched Friends, Frasier and Pan Am. Less Excellent. But I was beginning to pick up in energy by the end of the day, despite sounding gross.
Thursday: Woke up. Eyes glued shut. Infection in both eyes? Yay. Call in sick. Go to doctor. Wait for an hour and a half to be seen while wearing sunglasses inside. Finally get see doctor. "Nasty conjunctivitis". Go back home. Watch 'In Her Shoes'. Hating movies at this point. Read - hard to see.
Friday: Woke up. Eyes still yucky. No work (but already knew that). Bored out of my tree. Had way too much fun unloading and loading up the dishwasher. Excited to do laundry. Desperate for a shower - no hot water. So I blog.
Happy Friday, everyone! xo
Oh my god, Sarah, the image of you with eyes glued shut breaks my heart... but the image of a child wiping their toilet hands on you makes me giggle inside!
ReplyDeleteI think you'll find that now you're working with kids you'll be getting (and staying) sick a looot more than you normally would... sorry.
LOVE YOU!!!
Be well <3
Eryn